- I’m an independent photographer, which means I don’t work for the hospital or on behalf of an organization. When I come to the hospital I’m doing so as a guest of the family.
- As this is a gift I provide at no cost to the families.
- NICU sessions are a little more or less 30 minutes long depending on the circumstances.
- These sessions are for “lifestyle” pictures of Baby and parents and are not posed. I’ll give you a little direction during Baby’s session while still photographing Baby in a natural way that tells the story. Don’t worry about wires, tubes, or anything else- the images will be precious for you later on, wires and all, I promise!
- You’re welcome to dress Baby in any outfit you’d like and pull out a favorite blanket for baby to be photographed on/with if you’d like. In other words, it’s okay to get excited and have fun with your baby’s session!
- Moving and handling Baby is up to Mom, Dad, and nurses, although I may occasionally move a hand or foot.
- I often share a sneak peak for the family on Facebook within 48 hours of the session and sometimes blog the pictures as well. When posting pictures online, I may share baby’s first name and small details like weight and age, but will not share the hospital name or health information. You are welcome to tag and share these photos if you would like to.
- You will receive approx. 10 full-resolution images and print release (allowing you to print anywhere you would like to) through digital download within 2 weeks of your baby’s session.
- You will also receive 20% off of a newborn portrait session if you book with me once they are out of the hospital.
If you have a little one facing a long stay in the NICU, I would love to provide beautiful images for your family. Contact me to find out availability!